Primary School “Suljo Čilić” Jablanica is the winner of this year’s SPARKreators – state championship in robotics. The competition was held online on Friday, December 18, 2020, and it featured 25 teams.
“I would like to thank all schools – teachers and students – who participated in this year’s SPARKreators. I am thrilled that nothing has affected the quality of the competition, especially heaving in mind that it was held online and in rather specific conditions,” stated Matea Markić Vučić, Head of SPARK School.
General sponsor of the SPARKreators was the Embassy of the Republic of France to Bosnia and Herzegovina. Mr Sylvan Rigollet, Attaché for Cooperation represented the Embassy at the competition. He stated that one of the vital mission of the French Embassy is to support the projects whose goal is the promotion and development of science.
Rialda Spahić, Goran Barbir, Boris Crnokić and Anes Hadžiomerović were the jury of the competition. SPARK team stated that they had a challenging task to select the best of the best.
According to them those are the top 10 schools:
1. Primary School “Suljo Čilić” Jablanica, Jablanica
2. Primary School “Kiseljak”, Kiseljak
2. Primary School “Sveti Sava”, Novi Grad
3. Općina Stari Grad, Sarajevo
4. Primary School fra Stipana Vrljića Sovići, Sovići
5. Primary School “Abdulvehab Ilhamija”, Žepče
6. Primary School “Vladislav Skarić”, Sarajevo
6. Primary School “Han Bila”, Travnik
7. Primary School “Đurđevik”, Živinice
8. First Primary School Bugojno, Bugojno
SPARK and the Franche Embassy have prepared the awards for the winners:
- STEMI hexapod and mBot explorer set + battery – 1st place;
- mBot Ranger Robot Kit and mBot explorer set + battery – 2nd place;
- Makeblock mTiny Coding Kit + mBot explorer set – 3rd place and
- mBot explorer set + battery – 4th – 10th place
SPARKreators has gathered 37 schools. Every individual school has participated with a team of up to five students and a professor-mentor. They had a task to prepare a project using mBots.